- To be at least 21 years old. (Please read the Underage Drivers conditions)
- Passport or Peruvian Foreign Resident Card.
- A valid driver license with at least 1 year since issued.
- A valid Credit Card to guarantee the rental with a credit line that let Budget put a hold on it according to the model and type of the vehicle.
- Accept the Rental Agreement Terms & Conditions, the ones included in www.budgetperu.com and the corresponding for each promotion if applicable.
Note: As a requirement by Visa, Master Card, Diners, American Express and Discovery, a minimum amount of the whole rental shall be charged to the credit card due to Traffic Fines procedures.
Special Service Conditions due COVID-19
Take into account the following considerations for your reservation, which will be in force during the state of emergency and can be extended even after this period:
- Upon receiving your reservation, we will verify that on the pick-up date there is no other reservation from another client, if so, we will reschedule it at another time so that more than one client is not served at a time in order to maintain the required social distance.
- You must come with a mask to collect the vehicle and your body temperature will be taken before entering the facilities, if a temperature of 38 ° C or more is registered, you will not be allowed to enter.
- Only one person enters per rental.
- All hired protections loses validity if it is discovered that the client has been in fault due to not having authorization to work / transit.
These conditions can be changed or updated without prior notice.
The car rental service offered by Budget Peru is for a private use only, and is not authorized for the public transportation of people or goods. Vans are not allowed to be used with a chauffeur service.
In order to guarantee the rental, Budget Car Rental Perú will contact the client's credit-card brand: Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express or Discovery and will request for a hold of a fraction of the client's credit line.
Once the vehicle is returned, Budget Perú will immediately ask the client's credit-card brand to free the hold amount requested at the vehicle pick-up. The bank that issued the client's credit card is the responsible to process the last operation so you could see the guarantee amount back in your credit card balance.
These minimun guarantees amounts can be increased by a 20% due to the client destination, or up to the total rental amount.
Reference vehicle Group: M, A
Minimum holdS/. 2,000
Reference vehicle Group: B, H, C, D, O, K
Renault Logan, Kia Rio, Toyota Yaris, Nissan Versa
Minimum holdS/. 3,000
Reference vehicle Group: G, E, J
Toyota Corolla, Kia Cerato, Mitsubishi ASX
Minimum holdS/. 4,000
Reference vehicle Group: F, N, L
Toyota Rav 4, Mitsubishi Outlander, Kia Sorento, Toyota Hilux, Mitsubishi Montero, Toyota Prado
Minimum holdS/. 5,000
The vehicle can only be driven by:
- The renter with driver’s license and the spouse without any additional charge.
- The owner of the Credit Card responsible of the Rental Agreement (without driver’s license) can delegate the driving to another person that must be stated on the Rental Agreement under his responsibility without any additional charge.
- Any additional driver must present a driver's license with 1 year since issued.
- Any additional driver that has been stated on the Rental Agreement and is not considered under the previous statements will be charged US$ 4.72 or S/. 15.81 per day.
Renters with less than 21 years that qualify for the rest of the rental requirements can be accepted for a Rental Agreement by accepting an additional charge of US$ 23.60 or S/. 90.85 per day (exchange rate may vary, please ask current one). This charge also applies for additional drivers with at least 18 years but under 21 years.
- Make your online reservations with 1 hour advance booking (may change according to season). However if you book you reservation out of work hours (Monday - Friday from 8:30am to 18:00, Saturdays 9:00 to 17:00), even if your reservation is for an airport location, your vehicle may not be ready on time. If you need your vehicle as soon as possible we suggest you to contact your rental location to confirm availability.
- During the most important holidays of the year (Easter/Holy Week, National Holidays, Christmas and New Year) it may be necessary that a customer service representative confirm your reservation.
- Pick-up the vehicle in the place, date and time as agreed with the Customer Service Representative.
- Mentioning your flight number in your reservation, will guarantee your vehicle if a delay occurs. However if the flight arrives, and there is no sign of the client, the reservation would turn into a “No Show”.
- Provide any additional information to the Customer Service Representative as requested.
- The vehicles are quoted, reserved and managed by their Car Group and not by make, model or color.
- If the client do not show up within 30 minutes of the pickup time we will consider the client a "no call / no show" and the reservation may be cancelled.
Holidays Service Hours
Take for granted that there will be always a person ready to assist you 24/7, however there are some holidays that our service hours is limited at the off-airport locations.
The following dates off-airport locations will be open only from 08:30 am to 02:00 pm:
- Holy Thursday
- July 28th
- December 24th
- December 31st
The following dates only our Jorge Chávez Airport location will be open, all of our off-airport locations will be closed:
- Good Friday
- July 29th
- December 25th
- January 1st
Please contact us for information about any other holiday service hours for our off-airport locations.
- Rates are displayed with Peruvian Tax (IGV 18%); however, the amounts expressed at steps 2 and 3 are not the Final Price, in order to obtain the Final Price (or Rate) you must make a quotation (step 4).
- The reservations guarantees a rate, otherwise changes may take place without any prior notice.
- Rates include 260km for free use per day, with a limit of 5,000 kilometers on monthly rentals. Please ask for the additional kilometer rate.
- At your return, a grace period of 59 minutes is given, provided that these 59 minutes are within the rental location working hours. After that period, you must pay an extra charge for every additional hour. Starting the third hour in excess, a full day of rental must be charged. The whole amount of the hired protections and additional hired products will be charged right from the first extra 60 minutes.
- Technical bugs in the reservation module are considered as non-compromise errors. Budget Peru reserves the rights to modify or cancel those reservations in case a loss may arise against the renter and/or Budget Peru. Any modification due to a technical bug will be done with the best rate available according to the original reservation to benefit the client.
Due to regulations from Lima Airport Partners (LAP), the rentals on locations at "Jorge Chávez" Airport are subject to an Airport Fee of 15%.
About your Prepaid Reservation
- The prepayment of a reservation must be made with 3 business days in advance.
- The name on the reservation must be the same as the credit card holder that will be used for the prepayment.
- We only accept prepayments with credit cards, prepaid reservations made with a debit card will be canceled and the prepaid amount will be refunded under our refund policies.
- The prepayment of a reservation in budgetperu.com is a real time online transaction, therefore the prepayment amount will be charged immediately on your credit card when you confirm to prepay it.
- After the prepayment confirmation, the credit card used in the transaction can´t be changed.
- The rate in budgetperu.com is stated in Peruvian Soles (PEN) and US dollars (USD), the charges being made by Budget Perú (Chocavento SA) are in Soles (PEN), the exchange rate conversion, if applicable, will be issued by the bank of the credit card holder. Budget Peru does not make any refunds due to differences in the exchange rate used.
- All of our locations allow prepayments from budgetperu.com, however Budget Peru reserves the right to partially interrupt the prepayment system for one or all locations or not make it available for a specific vehicle group.
- Prepaid reservations can´t be combined with other promotions or benefits.
- Budget Peru reserves the right to cancel prepaid reservations due to errors in the system, in case they do not reflect the correct calculation of the rate of the selected vehicle or optional products.
Pick up of your Prepaid Reserved Vehicle
- You must provide the same credit card that was used to pay for the reservation, your passport (foreigners) or alien card (“Carné de Extranjería”) if you are a foreign resident in Peru, and your driver´s license. All your documents must coincide with the name on your prepaid reservation.
- The same guarantee requirements for non-prepaid reservations applies to prepaid reservations. Please read the Guarantee terms and the table with the Guarantee Amounts from the Terms & Conditions. Please remember that the corresponding Guarantee Amount will not be available as a balance for your use. If you wish, you can provide a second credit card to cover the guarantee.
- At the vehicle’s return we will ask for the release of your guarantee, please consider that it is your issuing bank that processes the release of the guarantee in their respective times.
- Due to security concerns, if you can’t meet the Rental Requirements, we won’t be able to provide you the rental car you reserved with the prepayment. To request a refund of your prepayment, input your reservation code at budgetperu.com and cancel it, this will generate a refund procedure of the prepayment. Please refer to Canceling a Prepaid Reservation terms and policies.
Making changes to a Prepaid Reservation
- Before the date and time of the vehicle’s pick up schedule, you can make changes to your reservation at budgetperu.com. After the scheduled pick up date, you must visit a Budget Peru location for any changes in your reservation.
- After picking up your vehicle, any change to your rental must be coordinated with your rental location.
- The method of prepayment and the name in the reservation can’t be changed.
- If your changes affect the total rental amount the prepayment will not be altered: a) Pending charges will be paid at the pick-up location; b) Overpayment refunds will be processed back to the same credit card in about 05 business days after the vehicle’s return. Please consider that your bank may take additional days to process this request and reflect the refund on your credit card balance. The return location won’t be able to make any refunds and we do not make cash refunds.
- We do not guarantee that your prepaid daily rate will stay the same if you choose to change the vehicle’s category in your reservation, if you shorten or extend your rental, if you change the location or if you make any modification that directly affects the vehicle´s rate. However, your prepaid daily rate will be the same if you decide to make modifications not related to the vehicle’s rate like adding protections or additional options.
- If at the vehicle's pick up you decide to voluntarily change the category, this modification will be done with the current daily rate.
- During your rental, if you decide to keep the vehicle few more days and a customer service representative from Budget Peru confirms that availability, the same prepaid rental rate will be used for the additional days.
Canceling a Prepaid Reservation
- Before the pickup date and up to 2 hours before your scheduled rental hour, you will be able to cancel without penalty and request a full refund displaying your reservation at budgetperu.com and selecting the Cancel option, this will activate a refund procedure. We will review it and request the refund within the next 5 business days. Please consider that your bank may take additional days to process this request and reflect the refund on your credit card balance.
- Every refund will be made to the same credit card that was used to make the prepayment.
- A US$ 20 (or its equivalent in Soles) refund fee will be applied if you choose to cancel your prepaid reservation with less than 02 hours before the pickup time or if you cancel it after the pickup time.
- The US$ 20 (or its equivalent in Soles) refund fee will be considered if the renter fails to meet the Terms & Conditions at the vehicle´s pickup or if it´s a No Show.
Prepaid Reservation No Show
- Your prepaid reservation will stay active for up to 60 minutes, after this period Budget can’t guarantee the availability of your reserved vehicle.
- After 60 minutes, your reservation will be considered as a No Show; therefore the Cancelation policies will be applied.
Intercity Airport Charge
Rentals form Barranco, Miraflores and Cavenecia locations, will have and additional charge of US$ 23 or S/. 90.85 (exchange rate may vary, please ask current one), if the client decides to return the rented vehicle at the “Jorge Chávez” International Airport location.
Coverage - General Conditions
Protections have been developed for your own peace of mind. If you decline them, you are responsible to refund the whole value of the vehicle. In order for the coverage to apply, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
a) Inform the accident to the Police at once;
b) Inform Budget immediately;
c) Submit in less than 24 hours from the time of the accident the Police Report, Alcohol Test and Police Evaluation of Damages. These documents must not state:
- Collision against fixed objects
- Violation of the Rental Agreement or infringements to any transit or Peruvian Law.
Collision Damage Waiver - CDW
If you accept this protection, you will decrease your monetary responsibility whenever a repair cost may arise from accidental damage to the rented vehicle caused by collision or if the rented vehicle is stolen in Peru. You will be responsible only for a Deductible (US$ 1,200); any financial responsibility over that Deductible will be covered by Budget Car Rental Peru, Chocavento S.A. However, if you decline our CDW Protection, you will be responsible for the whole damage cost or up to the commercial value of the vehicle, whichever applies.
Personal Accidents - PAI
Renter, valid additional drivers and passengers (up to the passengers/seats limit stated at the vehicle title) will be protected up to US$ 20,000 for accidental death or permanent disability (according to chart) and up to US$ 4,000 for medical expenses due to a car accident while in the rented vehicle.
Supplemental Liability - SLI
Whenever you or the valid additional driver incurs in third party liability while driving the rented vehicle, Budget – CHOCAVENTO S.A. will provide you with Third Party Protection up to US$ 500,000 and up to US$ 20,000 for protection against passenger claims (up to the passengers/seats limit stated at the vehicle title).
Combo: CDW, Dents, Scratches & Emblems
If you accept this protection package you will obtain:
- Collision Damage Waiver Protection with a Deductible of US$ 1,200
- 100% protection against small damages inflicted to the rented vehicle’s bodywork and/or paintwork (small dents and scratches) due to vandalism or third party bad faith actions,
- Car emblems theft protection.
Collision against fixed objects or parked vehicles is not covered by this protection; likewise, it does not cover against damages to the bodywork and paintwork made by careless use of the vehicle or driver’s bad faith actions.
This is a FULL VEHICLE COVER which includes all the benefits of the Combo Protection (CDW, Dents, Scratches & Emblems Protection) and you will also be relieve from the Deductible payment whenever a repair cost may arise from accidental damage to the rented vehicle caused by Collision or if the rented vehicle is stolen. You will be protected against car accessories theft and damaged or stolen windshield and glass windows as well.
2. Fender turn signals
4. Rear window
5. Door glass
6. Triangle glass
7. Windshield extensions
8. Triangle fender caps
9. Windshield wiper blades
10. Wheel cup
11. Tow hook cover
12. Antenna pole
13. Ignition key with alarm control (does not apply to transmitter and / or remote control keys)
Whenever you book a reservation, request information, fill in a contact form or write in the chat of budgetperu.com you are accepting the following:
a) What personal information do we collect from the users?
When booking a reservation or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
b) When do we collect the information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, book a reservation, subscribe to a newsletter, use live chat, contact us through our site or enter information on our site.
c) How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To correctly process your reservations.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
To send periodic emails regarding your reservation or other Budget Peru products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (website, live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
d) Where is stored this information?
The collected information and the website budgetperu.com are stored in a Data Center at New Jersey, USA. This let us load the website in the lowest possible time and maximize the server uptime, so you can make a reservation really fast every day of the year. Likewise, part of this personal data may be stored on data centers from providers that help us deliver offers, news and relevant information to our users and clients. Storing personal information on third party data centers, does not transfer the ownership of this data, therefore those companies does not have free access to the data.
Additional services connected to budgetperu.com like the subscription to promotional e-mailing lists or the in-web chat application are managed by third party providers that have their data centers in several countries around the world.
e) How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
f) Do we use 'cookies'?
- Help remember and process the items in your reservation.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
g) Can I disable 'cookies' in my browser?
If you turn cookies off it will prevent you from placing a reservation and will turn off some of the features of the site.
h) Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
About the Content
The content inside Budget Car Rental Peru website (server code, user code, text, graphic elements and all that is used and showed in this website) is considered to be under a constant revision (even this document); therefore Chocavento S.A. cannot guarantee it's inalterability. Chocavento reserves the right to change, increase or delete it at will. Chocavento S.A. also reserves the right to check, modify and/or cancel the reservations that due to the content or alterations made to it, might commit a detriment to our clients and/or the company. The amounts in this document are set in US dollars, please consult the current exchange rate for their conversion to Soles.